I forgot to mention...
Little Drummer Boy is not on my list of favorite Christmas carols- in fact, when it comes on the radio I usually change the channel to prevent the "pa rum pum pum pum" from getting stuck in my head- however, if you want to hear the coolest version of Little Drummer boy in the history of the song, visit the Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band website at www.shupe.net and pull up their jukebox in the tabs on the top of the page. It's under the album "The Gift" and if you don't absolutely love it, YOU'RE CRAZY!!!! (If you want some easy listening, check out the whole album. They're all pretty stinkin' good arrangements!)
Sticks in the Mud
2 years ago
6 comments:
How funny that I just finished writing about Christmas on my blog right before I checked your blog!! I'm envious of all the fun concerts. I did get to go to a really cool stake choir musical the other night. They sang very few traditional Christmas carols which I liked. I wish I could play the piano like their accompanist. I'm going to check out Ryan Shupe right now...
The concerts have been fun this year. i too forgot how much I enjoy getting a little culture, especially around the Christmas season! One thing I miss still that we need to do is sing Christmas songs sometime. Maybe our family party we could work that in!
I LOVE the painting of the little girl!!!!
I love it too! Her style of painting is really similar to what I've been trying to achieve...maybe someday! I love the way she paints the different values on the face. I think it's awesome how you can still see the strokes of paint and it's not completely blended between values. Maybe I'll have to start practicing on pictures of your girls... (hint, hint) :)
You just name the ones that you want and I'll send 'em your way!
The feeling is mutual. I CAN'T STAND little drummer boy. I'll check theirs out though. I will be blown away if I actually like it.
Love the painting of the week idea...so cool.
Post a Comment